Sunday, November 02, 2008

43rd Golden Bell Awards - Best Female Actress

Ariel Lin has won Best Female Actress award for They Kiss Again! She has had tough competition with Chen Qiao En and Rainie Yang as nominees! Personally I was rooting for Chen Qiao En the most, but I am glad to see Ariel won as I have seen her past works and knows that she is a wonderful actress.

As for Chen Qiao En, I think she already has gained a lot of attention and popularity from Fated to Love You, so even though she did not win, to be nominated is also another achievement! I believe that she will continue to improve and act out wonderful characters in the future!

To see other winners, you can visit: Asianfanatics: 43rd Golden Bell Award Winners

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Ariel is a good actress, but for this particular drama, I don't think it was her best work.

As for Chen Qiao En, I feel that it is a little unfair for the judges or whoever to think that because she already has a lot of attention or that the drama got best drama to not reward excellent acting. I know that isn't what you meant though.

I am definitely looking forward to new works from Chen Qiao En.

Btw, do you post on Asianfanatics too? Do you post in CQE's thread?

Jadedreams said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Prime Minister3!

The first serie I saw of Chen Qiao En was in 100% Senorita (reminded me of the great songs in that serie!), and I liked her than. She had a great presence and her looks stood out from other actresses, and she was so much more capable as an actress than Penny Lin when she was crying and or making her point in that serie even though she was just a newbie at that time. Then I saw her in Frog Turn Into a Prince, and I liked her character in there too. I was rooting for her and Shao Wei though (hope I got his name right haha). Although I think she got to display her best acting in Fated to Love You since her character went from sticky note girl to professional artist so there was quite a lot of difference between the two.

I do post on Asianfanatics, but I only post once or twice in the CQE's thread on Asianfanatics in the past, asking about her new series. I am not an active participant there.

Anonymous said...

I just watched Fated and was actually checking if Xiao Tian received an award... I guess not. :( He was more on the comedy but I think he played his facial expressions well.

I agree, Chen Qiao En's change from Sticky note girl to ceramic artist was very distinct. i needed to watch old episode to remind me how she was before.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wassup?
I've been around here for a while now, and I finally found something worth writing about: I found a interesting resource on [url=http://html2rss.com/rss.php?id=235780[b]TV Stands [/b][/url].
Check them out I highly recommend