Wednesday, December 24, 2014

I am back!! & UDVD Club



These last 5-6 years (has it been that long?!!) I kept watching TVB series but rarely wrote or commented about it. A lot of job responsibilities and lack of time can make it difficult to be actively talking and debating about TVB.  However, these days I am thinking more and more about how I enjoyed writing about TVB series, and how it can be stress reliever, and so I decide to give this a try again as a hobby on the side.

How am I watching TVB now? I am currently enrolled in a TVB DVD program in which the company emails 3 DVDs weekly to my mailbox, and I pay a monthly fee. It is usually current series that Hong Kong just recently broadcast but with 2-3 weeks delay when it gets to my mailbox. It's a convenient thing for me since I can watch whenever I want, and I can keep the dvds of my favorite series without having the need to purchase them. I also don't need to worry about watching everyday as it gets addicting with the streaming online. An hour a day of television can take away a lot of time during the week, so I just get my dvds and watch on the weekends.

The cons of the DVD program is that that sometimes I do not get the dvds at a set time. It usually comes on Friday, Saturday, and if delays, to Monday through Wednesday of the next week. It can be frustrating when waiting for the next episodes. Another con is that sometimes the dvd is not able to play properly and skips or freezes, perhaps due recording issues by the company. The company always is willing to resend the same DVD if there are issues, but again, there's the waiting factor.

Thus, the DVD program has its advantage and disadvantage, so it's not for everyone, but as of now, I am ok with this program to watch new TVB series.

If anyone is interested, check out the company's website: http://udvd.umgtv.com/


No comments: