Sunday, February 24, 2008

Edison and Gillian Facing the Light...

2/11- Gillian speaks at first public appearance: Naïve and Foolish

2/21- Edison holds press conference: Quitting Hk Entertainment


Being that I got my internet connection back yesterday, I finally got to see the two speeches myself today. Both of them have apologized, but which one is more sincere? After watching, I think both of them were not very sincere, but I believe Edison’s speech made more impact.
Gillian’s speech irks me more because it seems so positive when it should not have been. As an idol for many young people, when these kinds of pictures come out of the open, I think she should’ve been more serious and despaired. Not only did she give a short comment, but she also smiled a bunch like it is no big deal, and had fans backing her up in the background. This coming from a girl who was so upset before when pictures of her changing clothes were taken. It doesn’t really make sense. I think people would cut her some slack if she shows how upset she is about this and also tell the truth. Really, all she had to say was that the difference is that the sex pictures were private and never intended to be seen by the public, and the pics secretly taken of her changing were without her permission. That would take away the hypocrisy standards and comparison from how she acted before with regards to being filmed while changing. And she could’ve even use this as an example for young people not to follow in her shoes and to be careful with making decisions, which just might save her ‘idol’ ship from totally sinking down. I think it was sincere when she said that she was being naïve and foolish, but the way EEG planned it out did not help Gillian at all.

As for Edison’s speech, I thought it was insincere since he had to read off the speech from a piece of paper. He was like reading off every line. At least memorize it before you hold the conference, especially when you’re saying it in your primary language. I thought it was a bit weird that he was saying it in English, but then I think for one, it was done to show that he understands what he is saying and two, so that people in Hollywood and other areas can understand and keep open that small door of job opportunities in other areas. And I think his offer of quitting HK entertainment made an effective impact. It doesn’t matter whether he is going to come back next year, or work someplace else, or behind the scenes, but for now, it showed that he is willing to take “responsibility” for the scandal, for being wrong (at least that is how the public sees it), by stepping out of the entertainment circle which is a big decision. Compared to Gillian’s she’ll work harder, it does not show that she acknowledges that she has done anything wrong (which is what the public wants to see).

But I do believe Gillian was more sincere with what she said, but she didn’t put up the better show. Edison put up the better show, but I do not really buy his sincerity.

Here is an interesting article on AF, which discusses some details of Edison’s speech: The Scheming behind Edison Chen's Apology Speech

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
//Bobo, Cecilia & Nic has not made any speeches yet….

But I hope Bobo’s fiance would forgive her and stand by her side. If he does not and choose to stand by his family, then it shows that he can not be a guy she can depend on.

As for Cecilia and Nic, there are rumors that Cecilia has been cheating on Nic during their relationship the second time around and even after marriage, but I think Cecilia has always loved Nic and only Nic. During the years they were not together (after Nic broke up with Faye, the huge scandal back then when he told the driver to take the blame), through interviews and music, she seemed to show she was quite hurt by him. If she doesn’t care about him, why was she so hurt the years after? Edison and all the other guys were just fun, but I think from the bottom of her heart, it has always been Nic. That is why she still got back with him after all the hurt he has caused her before. I read that Nic is a very traditional man, so I guess the decision would be made by him.

No comments: