Sunday, September 07, 2008

TVB Triangles: Chilam-Jessica-Gallen MV's

Triangle relationships are always interesting to watch because viewers get to pick between two couples. To me, good triangle relationships are the ones who keeps you guessing until the end. For example, Tavia/Raymond/LiQian and Leila/Ron/Nancy in TOB. It is until the very end, we knew who the guys loved the most. I suspect that is one of the reasons TOB was enjoyable...the triangles. The more repetitive triangles are the ones that you know the girl will pick the better guy or the main lead over the supporting or third supporting characters (ie Bosco/Linda/Raymond in MR). In future posts, I will try to post more on TVB triangles in various series.

If you read my previous posts, you know I am a big Chilam and Jessica fan. Being that they did not ended up together in Cold Blood Warm Heart, really puts them in a special position in my heart when I think of my favorite TVB couples. I came across two MV's on Youtube that I thought was especially matching with Jessica's point of view with Chilam and Gallen in CBWH.

Both songs talk about how the girl has been in a relationship with a great guy, but the great guy is not the one who she ends up with at the end. In Jessica's case with Chilam, their relationship was sort of unexpected but yet natural at the same time since they started off as friends. They had a great relationship, but yet at the bottom of her heart, Gallen will always be the one she loves. Personally, although I root for Chilam-Jessica deeply, in reality, I would go with who my heart and most happiness lies with and not just settle.

Anyhow, check out the MV's. The people who made the MV's have picked truly representative songs for Chilam-Jessica-Gallen in CBWH. I did the translations of the lyrics based on my interpretations/translation, so if you use, please credit me.

網友自製MV-天地男兒立雪建戀(可惜不是你) -
Pity, it's not you
by Fish Leong



Lyrics:
Song: 可惜不是你
Sang by: Fish Leong
Translation by Jadedreams

這一刻 突然覺得好熟悉
This moment, is suddenly feeling very familiar
像昨天 今天同時在放映
Like yesterday , at the same time it is repeating today
我這句語氣 原來好像你
This tone of mine, is really like you
不就是我們愛過的証據
It is only evidence of the love we had

差一點 騙了自己騙了你
Almost faltering, fooling myself, fooling you
愛與被愛 不一定成正比
Love and being loved, is not always a fair ratio
我知道被疼 是一種運氣
I know being doted on, is a type of fortune
但我無法完全交出自己
But I am unable to fully give out myself

*努力為你改變 卻變不了 預留的伏線
Made efforts to change for you, yet can not change, the already-placed boundary defeat line
以為在你身邊 那也算永遠
Thought staying by your side, it can be forever
彷佛還是昨天 可是昨天 已非常遙遠
forgot that yesterday, but only yesterday, is already very far
但閉上我雙眼 我還看得見
But closing my pair of eyes, I can still see....

#可惜不是你 陪我到最后
It is a pity it is not you , accompanying me to the end
曾一起走卻走失那路口
Once together getting lost into this route
感謝那是你 牽過我的手
Grateful for you, holding my hand
還能感受那溫柔
Still can feel the gentleness

那一段 我們曾心貼著心
That one part, we once put it close to the heart
我想我更有權力關心你
I think i have the ability to be concerned about you
可能你已走進別人風景
Possible that you already went in someone else's scenery
多希望也有星光的投影
Really hope there will also be stars' glow appearing
Repeat *,#,#

感謝那是你 牽過我的手
Grateful for you, once held my hand
還能溫暖我胸口
Still can warm my chest [heart]


Cold Blood Warm Heart Triangle -
Sorry, it's not you
- Kelly Chen



歌手:陳慧琳
作詞:黃偉文
作曲:吳國敬 孫偉明
唱片公司:正東唱片
Interpretaion/Translation by Jadedreams

Lyrics:

大概真的不夠喜歡你
In general, am not able to like you enough
才讓你座上客机
that is why [I] let you sit on the passenger's seat
若我真的不要放走你
It seems that I did not need to let you go
誰又怕去擋飛机
Who wouldn’t be afraid of blocking airplanes?

但我真的想過嫁給你
But I really did think of marrying you
才沒有逐串愛起
without the ability to build up love
很假裝總會骗 到你
Really pretending [in hopes of] fooling you
無奈我似個卑鄙
Cannot help feeling like a jerk

*曾怀疑共你很努力地扮談情便有轉机
Once thought that making efforts to act as romantic couple would turn for the better
然而時候都該禮貌地  放手再拒絕你
Yet it is time to politely let go of your hands, and then reject you

誰當是玩游戲  為你花過力气*
Who think it's just a game? [I] Did put in a lot of effort for you
很可惜最多只好知己
It's a pity that at most it is only friendship
我試過在暗中配合你
I tried to attentively match with you in secret
我試過學放松接受你
I tried to loosen up, to accept you

小火花擦出了燒不起
Small fire can spark, but can not burn
我愛你未夠深對不起
I can not love you enough, sorry

是我真的不夠喜歡你
I am not able to like you enough
誰令愛一面涂地
Who lets love smeared to the ground on one side?
他意外使我有心跳
He unexpectedly made my heart beat
暪住你沒有惊喜
Being with you, there is no surprise

*曾怀疑共你很努力地扮談情便有轉机
Once thought that making efforts to act as romantic couple would turn for the better
然而時候都該禮貌地  放手再拒絕你
Yet it is time to politely let go of your hands, and then reject you

誰當是玩游戲  為你花過力气*
Who think it's just a game? [I] Did put in a lot of effort for you
很可惜最多只好知己
A pity that at most it is only friendship
我退后未夠早對不起
I did not back out fast enough, sorry
我顧累亦太多對不起
I worried too much, sorry
小火花擦出了燒不起
Small fire has sparked, but can not burn
我對你未夠狠對不起
I was not ruthless to you, sorry

Lyrics from: http://ent.163.com/ent_2003/editor/media/t...719_264537.html

No comments: