Monday, January 14, 2008

Twins' Charlene & Gillian Mandarin Solos on Youtube

I came across these their new solos, and I really thought these songs were very meaningful and touching….

Charlene Choi - 妹妹/Little Sister MV w/Lyrics


This song is dedicated to her mom. I believe she might’ve wrote the lyrics for the song.

Gillian Chung - 你看得見嗎/Can You See? MV w/Lyrics


This song is dedicated to her grandfather who passed away. I believe this song and lyrics are not written by her though.

********************************************
When I first listen to the songs, I immediately like Gillian's solo better, but after listening to Charlene's solo several times, I grew to like it also. Gillian's solo sounds more appealing and is very touching, and I got kind of teary after listening to it. As for Charlene's solo, I love the chorus, that part sounds really strong and emotional. Which one do you like more?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow didn't know that you were Twins fan! LOL, cuz i am..and i loved the solos as well. The lyrics to songs are very very touching. I liked Charlene's other solo better in terms of how it sounds. But Gillian's solo is very very good! She gave the song a proper emotional feel!!

Jadedreams said...

Yeah I am a fan of Twins, moreso Charlene than Gillian. I think Charlene is a better actress, but Gillian is the better singer though.

Anonymous said...

I actually like both..at first I liked Charlene better but I've grown to like Gillian a lot too..So i like them both!

Gillian's actually not a bad actress. Have you seen "Beyond Our Ken"?

Jadedreams said...

Yes I have, and it was the first film I think she showed quite a lot of potential in acting. I don't think she is a horrible actress, but I haven't seen her films after that one. I saw Naraka 19 and the New Police Story one, but I didn't think those showed an improvement though perhaps because her characters weren't developed enough?