Friday, January 25, 2008

Hardships During Filming....

Asianfanatics: Shirley Yeung Frozen, Cries For Help 1/8/2008

From what I can recollect, Shirley has had some history with having to deal with health problems while filming such as falling off the horse while filming Blade Heart, injury during an anniversary practice with Bosco, and now this could be considered another issue.

Before the last year, I always thought Shirley was weak since she always had these health issues. If she had a strong will and a strong body, then she could've accomplished the filming without problems because other actors/actresses don't have the same problems. But now, I think differently now not because I am her fan now, but because I believe that you have to be in the harsh situation to experience the pain. Last year, I had some back problems, and it hurts so much to even get up and walk, so I could imagine how bad it must've been for Shirley who fell off a horse years before!

The tone of the article seems to put Shirley in a bad light, but I think it was really cold for her. The girl is also quite skinny and has a history of health problems. If she could have done the filming efficiently, she most likely would. It is not great to get those bad pictures snapped and probably judged unprofessional.

But what I am thinking is the frozen ice necessary? Did they really have to have a steamed water scene? This is not the first time that I read news about actresses facing hardship while filming. I can't find the article at AF, but I remember reading another news about Linda Chung having to film for Jewel's Splendor, and she was quite cold filming a swimming pool scene, but she had to 'brave it' and continue filming also. And also Gillian Chung from Twins was hung on a wire for a while for Lets Steal Together and asked to come down but supposely the directors did not hear her? There was also another time she was hung on a wire too, but I can't find that other article. There are probably more news about hardships during filming, but these few are the ones that come up in my mind now. And then I heard past TVB actors complained about how filming series for TVB takes longer hours and is very tiring. And we see how some current popular actors and actresses filmed strenuously in one or two months to complete filming or take series after series.

So the next time we come across one of these news in the future, we shouldn't be too fast too judge the actor or actress as unprofessional, perhaps the conditions are indeed very unbearable for them.

Have you heard or read about any other hardships for other actors/actresses during filming? Please share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found out about your site through TVB Musings. Just wanted to comment on this post of your; I do agree what you said. It's never in our rights to judge a person when we are not in his/her shoes. Even though I'm not a Shirley's fan, I do feel sorry for her. I'm a Tavia's fan, and there was this one article that tells about Tavia filming in a dirty lake for the series Food for Life. She was grossed out after filming the scene because she found out the lake has poops.

Jadedreams said...

Thanks for visiting Kat. I am also a fan of Tavia's! I did not know about Tavia having to endure filming in a dirty lake with poop. It seems like a lot of TVB actresses have to face these hardships, and if you're not a big fan of them, you'll never know how much they have to go through to film a scene or two. I hope the media reports more on these hardships so that the general audience/fans can know more and perhaps put in a complaint or two about how they should treat their artistes better.