Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thoughts on Sale Presentation 2007

TVB sale presentations are available here at these sites:
http://virtuesofharmony.net/blog/?p=302
http://passthehorizon.blogspot.com/2007/11/download-and-youtube-tvb-anniversary.html

For more more info on series in the sales presentations booklet, visit here:
http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=467627&st=0

*These are my some of my thoughts on the ones that are shown in the actual sales presentation video.

///////Favorites:



珠光寶氣- The Gem of Life
The sales presentation for this serie looks very glamorous, elite, and engaging. It looks like it would give off a "Triumph in the Skies" feel with the locations they're setting to film in. The scenes with Ada, Maggie, and Gigi together looks very touching, and I'm looking forward to watching their scenes together. I'm not a big fan of Maggie's, but hopefully this serie would change my opinion of her. Other than the girls, the scenes of the guys are filled with adrenaline and anger. And yup, it looks like this serie is going to be filled with passionate sex. It's all good until I see 80 episodes...then it freaks me out a little, but oh Gem of Life, please don't disappoint TVB Fans!!



與敵同行 - “Walking With the Enemy”
This one is very promising in my opinion. Whoever did the clip really did a good job because it captured my interest with the scenes fading out and in. It reminds me of older TVB series that focused on the protagonist and antagonist. Actually, when I first watched the clips, The Challenge of Life and Looking Back in Anger jotted into my memory. Roger wasn't a hardcore villain in Instinct, but in here, it looks like he would be one. I'm looking forward to seeing if he lives up to this challenge. Good to see Yoyo too. Roger-Yoyo would be a fresh pairing. However, I'm a bit iffy that the HK audience would complain that it is going to be violent (I'm guessing Roger would be doing a bit of killing-mayhem). Hopefully it would do well and Roger or Kevin can reclaim Best Actor next year and bring back the glory of past TVB series!


疑情別戀 - “Suspicious Heart”
This one looks very intriguing, and I was surprised to watch this because TVB hasn't touch horror series in a long time. The last attempt was a presentation done by Louis and Jessica, and that idea was scrapped.....or maybe it wasn't and this one was the evolution of that one lol. Anyhoo, it looks good...but I'll be very, very surprise if the serie is going to be like the sales presentation. It looks good as a preview or even a movie, but to stretch the plot to 20 or 30 episodes, that's stretching it. Hopefully this one won't upset. Anita Yuen looks so pretty!

///////Semi-Interesting

盜亦有道 - “Thieves Also Have Principles”
I'm not too interested in this one, but more interested in seeing Joe and Damian work together again. Idy and Damian seems like an interesting couple, but I'm worry her acting is going to be stiff since it's her first serie back at TVB.

當狗愛上貓 - “When a Dog Loves a Cat”
This one is cuter than I imagined when I first heard of it. It's very cute with the dogs and cats. And gosh, Bernice looks gorgeous with Gallen (even though I think she's probably just guest star)! I would freak out if it were Linda with Gallen, but Bernice-Gallen is very pleasant to the eyes.

胡雪岩的廚娘 - “Hu Xue Yan’s Lady Chef”
I can't say this one is too intriguing, but I think this one is going to be filled with various lessons/quotes that would be interesting to watch. And it's a Bobby show, it must be somewhat decent.

烈火雄心III- Burning Flame III
Not too interested, but am interested in the male casts since there's a lot of good actors in the serie. As for female cast, there is only scenes of Astrid Chan (and I think Anne Heung is in this one too), which are cool, since I like them both. I just hope, maybe Shirley Yeung could fit her schedule in here and maybe pair up with Bosco or Timmy Hung? haha

李克用與十三太保 - “Li Hak Yung and the Thirteen Protectors”
As for this one, it looks so promising on paper, but with all the flying equipment and cgi in the clip, I thought that it looked waaaay too unbelievable? sci-fi? Was it this way with the original one? I mean, I'm still interested in the storyline but the fighting scenes kind of scare me.

溏心風暴之家好月圓 -"Heart of Greed 2"
This one doesn't appeal to me as much as the HOG sales presentation for last year. Man, is Lee See Kei preachy or what? It look like Susanna was rolling her eyes when she was talking to her lol. I think Michelle Yim's gonna be really good as the villain, and that's the only convincing factor to tune in, and she was awesome in the clip also.


///////One that I'm looking forward to not in the video clips...


銀樓金粉-Silver Mansion Golden Dust
This one seems interesting since it's supposely a different role for Nancy Sit, and there are a lot of good veterans on board. The name is not very appealing to me, and as much as I like Shirley, most of her series don't do really well though (save for Brink of law) so for me, this one has 50-50 for being good.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hi. It seems that you're a big fan of TVB. You really are serious when writing these posts.

I'm also looking forward to Gem Of Life/ Jewelery Splendor. I'm not a fan of Ada and Maggie (but I can't disagree that they're good artists), but recently I found out that Gigi is quite good, judging from her performance in 通天干探. I totally admire her in that series. I guess it's because it's the first time I saw her without beautiful appearance but yet able to catch audience's heart.

Jadedreams said...

Hi Charlotte, thanks for visiting my blog! Haha, I try to write more because I think I have nothing else to offer with my blog except my thoughts lol.

I've always liked Gigi as an actress, even after the post- War & Beauty ordeal, but ever since seeing a cast interview for Dance of Passion, I've always thought Gigi Lai isn't very professional as an actress. She seemed very picky about the environment they filmed in and diva-like about her how she looks and just being there in general. I assume the environment is pretty harsh there of course, but the other actresses doesn't seem as bothered/trouble as her. So I think, for Gigi to look "bad"/plain in 通天干探, she really took a step forward as a professional actress because she is willing to look "bad" onscreen (not that she looked ugly but since this is Gigi, I imagine it was hard for her to do it). As for her character, Ching Ching was definitely refreshing and cute to watch!