Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Calendar 2008

Another year, another disappointed TVB Calendar


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M48s1kygnZQ

Overall the calendar pictures aren’t that great.

January- Linda, Vivien, and Matthew Ko are obviously not actresses and actors with a whole bunch of talent in acting. They may look good (actually good is stretching it since Linda isn’t exactly the drop dead gorgeous type) and have great personalities, but if I’m watching them onscreen, they need to know how to act decently! I can see that they are pushing Raymond and Linda to be the next big brother. I think audiences have already accepted Raymond. On the other hand, Linda? I guess I would rather support Fala into this spot, at least I think she can act decently onscreen.

February- I actually like this one. It’s very colorful, and I like how everyone (mostly everyone) is happy. This month is always reserved with the older generations like Liza, Adam, or Nancy Sit. I’m surprised they didn’t include Nancy Sit this year. Glad to see Esther and Bobby in the same pic haha! It’s funny they included Roger in the side…..I guess “ah wong” is still favorable around CNY lol. Overall, it’s very nice.

March- This one’s ok. Commemorating Super Trio is not a bad idea. It’s creative, and I like Frankie and Yoyo, and also Kenneth’s poses. I like Lai Lok Yi, but it would’ve nice for him to strike a more active pose.

April- I like all of the people in this one and the background, but they don’t look the best. Bosco and Bernice looks big compared to the others, and what the heck is Amigo Chui doing? Plus, Bosco and Wong Hei aren’t really looking too celebrative.

May- It can be said that this is major What the heck month? I don’t see how it’s guys versus girls at all. They might as well just put only Kate, Moses, and Sarah Song in there, and leave the rest out. And why the heck is Sarah holding a laptap like that? They make at least have her looking at it, and project Moses and rest of crew onto a screen/wall. It looks weird and it stands out.

June- Water and people showing skin. So creative! Don’t have much to say about this other than it’s ok. Wasn’t Fala dressed in a swimming suit or bikini last year too? The girl has a great body, but it would be refreshing to see her wearing more clothing in the calendar or at least placed in another month.

July- Talking about the Olympics? But what’s the deal with motorcycles? Shouldn’t they do something with horses instead since HK is hosting the Equestrian Event? Don’t like this one at all. Really like Patrick Tang, sad to see him wasted on this picture though.

August- I like this one because it’s aesthetically pleasing to look at. It’s very nice at first glance, but if you look at it for a while, it could be plain. Nonetheless, I think it was nicely arranged, and the colors are appealing.

September- I also like this one too. I like the mood in the picture and the staircase. Sharon and Natalie Tong look gorgeous. At first, I thought Gigi, Bowie, and Sheren don’t really fit in there, and it looks like they pasted them in there at the last minute. Now, that I know it’s suppose to be about War and Beauty and Shanghai Bund, then it makes more sense.

October- This is not very interesting or a creative month. Maybe they should’ve focused on the idea of Triumph in the skies and sell from that point of view instead. It’s just very casual and ordinary to me, nothing outstanding creative or visually. Quite like Selina a lot, so glad to see her.

November- I like this one the most out of all the pictures. It’s colorful, it’s festive, and I like the background, save for it being 40th and not 41st like it should be. I read some posts complaining that you can’t see the people in the back, and I’m thinking, maybe that’s why I like this one the most. The people in the back are just newbies, and my eyes can live without them. Several years ago, these people wouldn’t be in the pics at all! In my opinion, as long as the big brothers and big sisters are shown clearly, then that’s all that matters, the others are lucky enough being background props.

December- This one is nice for a Christmas pic, but it doesn’t look proportional to me. Glad to see Gallen, but he looks like he is pushing in to be part of the pic. Myolie looks the best in the pic, her smile is radiant. The rest looks alright too, but the lack of symmetry (for a picture that should be symmetric) doesn’t put this one at the top of my list.

Overall, another disappointed year although I would say the people they put into this pic are better than last years with a whole bunch of newbies out of nowhere. I was really excited when I read that they were going to have pictures of older series. I was expecting people to re-enact poses of scenes in Shanghai Bund or Legend of the Condor Heroes (although TVB can’t touch Jin Yong anymore) or Triumph in the Skies, etc.. Of course, they don’t have to be serious in the pic, but it would be nice to see them in costumes of older characters, but once again, disappointed.

No comments: