Friday, December 14, 2007

Silver Mansion Golden Dust; 銀樓金粉

Blessing Ceremony:




I'm looking forward to this serie, not only because Shirley is in this serie, but also because I like a majority of the people in the cast. None of them are that popular save for Nancy Sit and Shirley Yeung, so there probably isn't going to be a lot of hype with this serie. I really like Charmaine Li, and I think she has a lot of potential when it comes to acting. Whenever I see her onscreen, she just seems like she's very passionate acting her characters out. In the promotional book, they said Patrick Tang was in this serie, but there is no picture of him in the blessing ceremony. I wonder if he's still in it. If he is, this serie would be even better. I quite like Patrick Tang since I've liked all of his past characters. His acting could be improved, but nonetheless, he gives a decent performance most of the time.



I'm guessing this serie is about the silver business in the Man Chor period and a lot of women bickering? Heart of Greed Man Chor period lol? The English and Chinese titles don't really appeal to me that much. Anyhoo, this is what the cast's role so far.......

Chun Pui- Patriarch of the family
Nancy Sit- Chun Pui’s First Wife
Rebecca Chan- Chun Pui’s Second Wife
Christine Ng- Chun Pui’s Third Wife
Nancy Wu- Chun Pui’s Fourth Wife
Shirley Yeung- Maid of Third Wife?(She said in her blog that she is loyal to Christine Ng's character.)
Charmaine Li- Chun Pui's Daughter?
Matt Yeung- Chun Pui’s son
Jack Wu- Worker
Ng Wai Kwok- ?



Jack Wu will be having a romantic triangle with Shirley and Charmaine Li. I think he looks compatible with both Shirley and Charmaine. However, I read that......

"Shirley explained that she plays a maid in the series, which is a period drama set in the 1920's and in one scene, her character shows her body to the young master, played by Matt Yeung (揚明). She also has to film a scene where she is bathing under a waterfall and she said that she is quite worried about shooting this in the cold weather and keeping warm. She said she will also be bullied by Rebecca Chan (陳秀珠) in the show." from Batgwa.com

so I wonder if Shirley and Matt are a couple before or after Jack and her?

*Pictures from : Sina,Baidu 1,Baidu 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm the series does look good..though i'm NOT a fan of Nancy Sit. but Shirley, Christine, Nancy, and Jack will make me watch it!

OMG, I agree about Charmaine Li. She shows A LOT of promise and if she just gets better roles..i see a good future as an actress. She especially caught my eye with her performance in War and Destiny, she stole the show from Myolie..in her few scenes!!!

Nice to hear that you enjoyed POG..because it's absolutely one of my favorite series of all time now.

As for YoMo in TUCF...i'm not too sure Moses loved Gigi. i mean yeah he went nuts when she died..but was it out of love or guilt that he could have saved her? while things were going rough in his career, he ignored Gigi..but I always felt the connection btw Moses and yoyo in the series.

Jadedreams said...

themissingpiece, glad to see that you're interested in this serie too! It seems like other TVB fans are more interested in other series. Hopefully, it wouldn't let us down!

My first serie of Charmaine Li was Sunshine Heartbeats. She totally outshined Vivien Yeo in there. And I think I saw her next in Real Kung Fu. In some ways, she reminds me of Sheren Teng...not like acting experience, but like her looks and their way of acting. They're not your everyday pretty or gorgeous ladies, but their looks are unique, and they manage to stand out with personality and passion when they act.

With Gigi and Moses, I think they have problems because they aren't willing to compromise and their personalities are so different. Moses take Gigi for granted most of the times, but I think he does love her after he realizes that he misses her after they broke up.