Friday, December 28, 2007

TVB Top 10 Series with Average Ratings

Asianfanatics: TVB 2007 Best and Worst

1) The Family Link - Average 32.4
2) Fathers and Sons - Average 32.3
3) Heart of Greed - Average 32
4) Ten Brothers - Average 31.3
5) On the First Beat - Average 31.2
6) The Green Grass of Home - Average 30.8
7) Steps - Average 30.4
8) The Drive of Life - Average 30.3
9) War and Destiny - Average 29.7
10) Men Don't Cry - Average 29.4

....which is relatively different than Wikipedia: Top 10 Series with Ratings, which I think only calculates the last week of airing. Correct me if wrong.

Reading the comments at AF, it seems like a lot of people were surprised that The Family Link beat Heart of Greed. I was a little surprised as well, but am more gleeful that The Family Link and Father and Sons beat the oh-so prestigious Heart of Greed in ratings. I was more surprised that Ten Brothers is so up there on the list and behind HOG. Ten Brothers to me was only an average production to me. The storyline was plain, and some could even say exaggerated and silly. I remember I did enjoy it but it's not in my "the best TVB series" list. Being 4th on the list definitely surprised me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually wasn't surprised at TFL beating HOG because I remember that being reported after the 2 aired. I'm a bit surprised that FAS beat HOG too.

But I'm extremely happy for TFL cast! It's got an extremely good cast, I think everyone was casted perfectly. Sheren, Cecilia, and Kiki are great and I was happy that Derek Kwok & Ai Wai got a chance with bigger roles. And I think Sheren & Michael prove they have chemistry regardless of the series. At this point, I think Sheren has a golden touch..she is a ratings guarantee! Her series are ratings hits and critical successes as well.

TFL and HOG aired at the same time..TFL did not even get half of the promotion that HOG got. And it beat it in ratings! yeah I'm so NOT a HOG fan, it was too overrated.

But it does seem that it's still the veterans that pull the ratings in. Sheren, Bobby, Kenix..etc

Jadedreams said...

Good observation about Sheren. Save for The Prince's Shadow her other series like Le Femme Desperado and The Family Link have done very well with ratings in recent years, and with the Drive of Life, it was a good series overall especially with the acting and character development. And yet she still haven't received a Best Actress Award yet.

haha...I didn't know that TFL and HOG aired at the same time. I still haven't watched HOG....every time I think about having to watch Linda Chung, I lost interest.

It does seem like the veterans are pulling in the ratings, but the series they are in must've attracted the HK audience a lot though. The Family Link is about housewives and Father & Sons is somewhat more focused on the family I'm guessing, and Ten Brothers seem to aim at the kids/family. I think the housewives probably are more into that type of series....same for HOG...more family focused.