Saturday, August 02, 2008

Greed of Man (大時代) on DVD

One of TVB’s classic serie of all time, Greed of Man, starring Adam Cheng, Damian Lau, Sean Lau, David Siu, Vivian Chow, Loletta Li, and Amy Kwok will be released on DVD with uncut versions at YesAsia.com – expected release date August 8, 2008. You can purchase it for $50 at YesAsia.com

Greed of Man Themevideo


If you ask me, I wouldn’t say Greed of Man is at the top of my favorites list. Perhaps it is because I have not watched the whole thing, I think I only watched the second half of the serie. From where I started, Damian was already gone and it was focusing on the attraction between the characters of David Siu and Loletta Lee, and how the kids of the two families dislike each other very much...and then to the point of "hating to the bones" with no backing off. Nonetheless, from what I have watched, it is still no doubt a very memorable serie for me because it has a few traumatizing scenes that absolutely caught me off guard. I think from what I’ve seen so far with family feuds in TVB series, none has came to the point of mayhem and doom compared with the two families in this serie! If it were to be broadcast in today’s times, no doubt there would be an unlimited number of complaints. Anyhow, I’m sure many fans of this classic TVB serie will rejoice in the DVD’s release.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember watching this series A LONG time ago lol at least 10 years, and I remember not liking it too much. Maybe because I was still a kid and never really appreciated the acting or the genre. There was also a lot of hatred and violence in the story.

Only recently did I find out that its a 'classic TVB' series lol

Jadedreams said...

Hi Ktvb! Perhaps it would be different when you watch it again now that you are older? I think part of the reason Greed of Man is so classic is other than it was dark, violent, and tragic, it challenges what the other TVB series usually touch upon on such as morality, humanity, family unity, proper behavior, hard work, etc. For ex, I don't think I have seen a couple in a TVB serie have their relationship so severed, after all the romantics things they had been through together, to the point that he gives the ok to have her and her family thrown off the building.

Of course the the acting and talent of the cast also helped the serie too. I hope to watch it again sometime in the future, maybe I will like it more! :)