Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hot Shots - Songs

Hot Shots is a Taiwanese idol series that is currently on air. It's getting alot of publicity because it stars three hot guys - Jerry Yan, Show Luo, and Wu Chun - playing basketball. I think it has about 15 episodes or less.

Well the point of this post is that I got to listen to the soundtrack, and I really the songs. Usually, it's the other way around, I watch the series and then like the soundtrack. I remember once when I like the soundtrack before watching, I ended up not liking the serie that much. The serie was Tokyo Juliet, and it has a very nice soundtrack, but after three episodes, it didn't keep my interest. And like Tokyo Juliet, it seems that Hot Shots befalls the same fate for me. I watched the first episode, and it didn't keep me interested. However, if I remember when the ending comes up, I may watch the ending. Anyhow, this post is more about how the soundtrack is pretty catchy, even the instrumentals - very hip hoppish.

Superman - 倪子岡(Nese)

This is like the first Chinese hip-hop song that I think is catchy [and not cheesy and exaggerated] and actually can be consider hip-hop lol. A lot of people says this song sounds similar to Crank That by Soulja Boy though, but I don't think it's that similar.


絕對無敵 - 倪子岡(Nese)

Another subtheme of Hot Shots by Nese. I think this song is also catchy, but not as much as the Superman one.


絕對無敵(all english version) - 倪子岡(Nese)

I actually like the English version more. It kinda reminds me of One Tree Hill a little though with Haley-Lucas-Nathan haha.


霹靂決鬥- instrumental

Really upbeat instrumental. Thought it was creative how they mimicked the scratching from the shoes on the court. If only there wasn't some guy that goes "uh" every now and then, it would've been perfect lol.


絕對無敵之 籃球夢- instrumental

Another instrumental. This one is the instrumental to 絕對無敵 by Nese.


隧道 - 林凡(Freya Lin)

Very nice ballad. Freya's vocals are very soothing.


If you want to watch the series, you can visit this blog: http://lanqiuhuo.blogspot.com/

No comments: